Barcelona is gearing up for a sweltering St. Patrick’s Day weekend 2019!
It´s that time of the year again!
The pubs will be jammed for the finale of the Six Nations on Saturday and on Sunday, March 17th there is a feast of events to choose from
- Top of the bill for us is the unique Mediterranean Currach Regatta, back for it’s 10th edition. With new sponsors Kingspan on board you can expect a much better event experience with kids play areas, big screen, more food choices, more music and dance and there are even rumors of Tayto! Combine all of this with pints of Guinness, Dawn Meat burgers and the amazing sight of locally built Currachs skimming over the sea! See more at stpatricksbarcelona.com >
- Can Baste civic centre in Nous Barris will play host to Irish music and dance with the Nualas (who will also perform at the Currach Regatta) on March 16th More info>
- See the Nualas very full schedule for the weekend here >
- Los Stompers are an Irish group based in Barcelona who have been around since most of you were in nappies! They are playing on March 17 in the Hard Rock Cafe. More info>
- Mediterrania Irish dance school will be playing at Tradicionàrius in Gracia along with trad group FAR. More info>
- As well as performing at the Currach Regatta, Aires Celtes will also be having a Ceili in Gracia on the evening of the 17th More info>
The Irish in Barcelona Facebook group is going strong with lots of people connecting and helping each other out! We are looking for help to put on more events this year so if you want to get involved please get in touch!